Wednesday, February 17, 2010

UpDaTe On Us AnD tHe BaBeS!


Well one thing is for sure, the countdown and "days remaining till delivery" here on our blog are definitely not correct! Hayden and I went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday. Beckham is doing great, measuring perfectly, right where he's supposed to be, 3 lbs. Ellery unfortunately is not growing so well. They found blood in her stomach which means she is swallowing blood that they think came from a her partly detached placenta. The flow of nutrients and oxygen through her umbilical cord is not where it should be and therefore she is behind. That day I checked in to the Intermountain Utah Valley Regional Hospital and will be remaining here until I have these babies...which could be anywhere from tomorrow or in the next 4 weeks. Fun right? They constantly monitor the babies heart rates to make sure things are going well, which they have been so far! Also I got a shot of steroids in my booty yesterday and get another today! It helps the babies lungs develop faster in case they are delivered soon! It actually didn't really even hurt, which is probably due to all the cushion I have down there. :) So yeah, that is our life and will be for the next while. we are doing very good though. We love our room we are in, the nurses take such good care of us (me), Hayden has a little cot that he sleeps on and yeah. It's like we're staying in a hotel...ha a very expensive one! Am I a horrible person for being stressed about how much all our medical bills are gonna be!? It was pretty shocking and surreal when the doctor was telling us everything that is going on, but I can honestly say I have felt completely okay. I haven't been scared or sad or worried. I have felt continual peace and comfort. I feel like everything is going to be ok and everything is in the hands of Heavenly Father. Whether these babies come tomorrow or in 4 weeks, we will be able to handle it and get through it. So please pray for us and keep us in our thoughts and don't feel sorry for us!! We are doing great and have high spirits. The situation is not ideal, but definitely doable!!! We love you all and will try to keep you updated on what's going on. Now I get to go eat my yummy hospital lunch! Yummy chocolate pudding! xoxo

11 comments:

TuCk N JuLeS said...

Hey I hope you don't mind I updated your situaiton on my blog! We are all thinking of you and Kashli and Carly pray for "Lisa's babies, especially her girl one." ; )

Erin Davis said...

We will keep you in our prayers. Good luck with everything, and we can't wait to meet them!

Sarahleigh said...

Oh, Lisa... I couldn't believe it when Jodi told me you were in the hospital! I love your attitude though. I truly feel like the best place to be is in the Lord's hands. If you stick with Him, everything will work out. Take advantage of this time to relax as much as possible and let those little babies grow as long as they can. Every day counts! You are doing great, girl! PLEASE let us know if you ever need anything. I am going to send some supplies your way through Jodi/your mama. I hope it helps! Love ya!

T. Driaza said...

You're not a horrible person for worrying about medical bills and all. We're human, but one thing is for sure....Babies bring about many blessings so whatever comes your way, just remember HF will bless your family even more for mothering his children! You all our in our thoughts & prayers. Stay positive!

kennan said...

love you, and your babies.

stay optimisitc and don't worry about the hospital bills, its out of your control. look at it this way, its cheaper for you to be in the hospital pregnant than to have 2 preemies in the NICU needing all sorts of treatments. so keep them in there!

our prayers are with you and especially with little ellery. xo.

p.s. if you ever need a dinner date at the hospital trevan and i would love to bring dinner in and chat! let me know.

Sharli said...

You are amazing Lisa! Hang in there. I will pray for you and your sweet babies. I love you!

Reimstar said...

Oh Lisa bless your heart and your belly! We are coming to see you today, and we are going to take good care of you! I will pray that those sweet little babies stay in you as long as possible! Can't wait to see you! Love ya!

Pam said...

You look GORGEOUS sitting in that hospital bed! All four of you are in our prayers and you know my number if you need ANYTHING. I can be a surrogate Mommy if you need me. Love you all! XOXO

TuCk N JuLeS said...

I like your shirt! ; )

Eileen said...

So good to see you today Lisa! You and those babies are in our prayers. Can't wait to meet them!!

Mark andTiffani said...

Thanks Lisa for your comment. I don't really know what I want, boy girl, I'll take either... and we have already had an ultrasound so we know I'm not getting both :) on that note I heard Eileen and Chris came to see you and the twins today and I was glad to hear you are all doing well. We will continue to pray for you all! You look beautiful!