Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We're Seeing Double!!!

AAaaahhhh!!! Ok, so Hayden and I got the SHOCK of our lives yesterday! We went in for our first ultrasound. It was the 20 week ultrasound to measure things, make sure the baby is alright and of course find out the gender! I was sitting there with the warm jelly and machine on my stomach when the ultrasound technician flipped it on and up on the screen popped this image that I thought looked a little odd. It appeared that there were two bodies...I thought that to myself and of course pushed that thought right out when she asked, "Do twins run in your family?" Hayden and I both shouted no and then she said, "There's two! There's two babies!" I will never forget that feeling. it was honestly just complete shock and bewilderment. I couldn't believe it. I kept asking the nurse over and over if she was kidding but the evidence was right in my face!! Hayden was crying and pacing around and we both just kept looking at each other, shaking our heads and laughing. We will never forget that day! The next 20 minutes she spent looking at each baby separately and measuring them. One of the first things I thought when she told us we had twins was that I didn't want 2 girls, no offense to anyone who has twin girls, I have just always said that if I had twins I would want a boy and a girl. Baby A is the baby that is closest to the cervix, or exit. It is the baby that will be delivered first. Baby A is a boy! We were both so excited when she said it was a boy! And even more happy when we saw that baby B was a girl. It was/is a dream come true! Baby A is right on track with measurements and baby b is about 5 days behind, she's a little smaller which it is normal for girls to be smaller than boys. So yeah, that was that! We had to switch from midwives to doctors and have an ultrasound every month and prepare for an early delivery and possible c-section and all the other fun stuff and risks that come with carrying twins! We are truly truly so excited though and feel so blessed (and maybe worried) that Heavenly Father trusts us with twins!!! We still can't believe it. I probably won't believe it until they are both in my arms! Our little boy is going to be Beckham Mark Gurman and the girl is Ellery Michelle Gurman. they are both family names. Beck and Elle. How precious. We couldn't be happier.










4 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Congratulations you guys! Seriously how lucky are you got get your boy & girl in one shot!? ;) I could imagine your reaction...I think it is shocking to all who have twins. Hope the pregnancy continues well. All the best- Driaza Jrs.

Sarahleigh said...

I can't believe it! I called Jodi as soon as I saw this today. Congratulations, you two! Multiples are a special blessing that come with their own set of challenges ;) Let me know if you ever have any questions about anything. I'm always here to help! Enjoy the time you have with Hayden now because those babies will keep you busy for a while! :D Congratulations!!! Can't wait to meet little Beck and Elle!

Morgan said...

Hey!! I stalked you and found you and congratulations!!! Chris told me you were having twins but I didnt know it was a boy and girl! That's amazing! Congratulations!

Eileen said...

Cute babies ~ love those first pictures!!