Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Babies

My babies continue to do well! They moved or "graduated" up to the other side of the NICU called Nursery B. This is where the babies go that are doing well and don't have any major problems. They are called the feeders and growers because that is what they are working on, learning to eat/nurse and growing/putting on weight. I go in to breast-feed with them twice a day. It has been going well, especially for their age and size! Ellery actually does better than Beckham! Beck got his IV taken out yesterday! Yay! Now he is solely going on breast milk! Ellery will be getting her IV out tomorrow! Every time a wire or cord comes off I am ecstatic! It is so hard for me to see them like that, tubes and wires everywhere! Ellery has been growing great and putting on weight, not so much for Beckham, but at least he was bigger than her to start with so has an advantage! They are honestly the sweetest little angels and I love them so much! I get depressed sometimes when I leave the hospital after being with them and I can't take them home with me, but I know they will be at home before I know it! On Monday it will be two weeks that they have been in the NICU. Soon, soon... they will be home soon. Please continue to remember us in your prayers! Thank you so much for everything! Oh and sorry for no pictures, it isn't working...but we will try and post some asap! Much love

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Wonderful news!!!

Pam said...

Hang in there, Lisa! Such good news that they are nursing. Turns out you and Paige are on the same track after all. Brig is a lazy nurser...girls are tougher than boys. You are doing such a great job as their Mommy...they are lucky to have you! XOXO